Most of the mentioned filtering techniques have common drawback of higher cost compared to Passive Filtering techniques. Consequently, the harmonic filtering techniques to a large extent are still the most commonly used techniques for current harmonics mitigation of 6-pulse front-end diode rectifier application.
We have developed an efficient Passive Filter, which can suit many such similar loads. Since all filter components are passive they are rugged, maintenance free, reliable and low cost. Moreover, the filter implementation procedure is relatively easy.
- Powernac series Harmonic Filter for VFD’s are simple and effective way to control harmonics generated by VFD’s.
- The filter design typically reduces current harmonic distortion (THD-I) to less than 5% at full load.
- Powernac Filters offer much superior performance over other filtering methods including 12 pulse / 18 pulse harmonic reduction techniques.
- They are suitable for wide range of applications.
- Powernac Filter uses all passive components and there are no electronics circuits / hardware therefore it offers reliable and maintenance free operation for a very long period of time.
- Powernac Filters improve power factor of load and network thus offering dual advantage of harmonic reduction with PF Correction.